Karnataka man aims to empower the blind with computer training
Paul Muddha, who is a senior bank manager in Bengaluru, was born visually impaired and was abandoned in a school for the blind as a child.
Today, he runs a centre for training people who are vision and hearing impaired with computer and vocational skills that are needed to earn a living and be independent.
Muddha is determined to help as many disabled people as possible. Over the last nine years, he has been helping blind and hearing-impaired youth from Karnataka and other states adapt to technology.
His trainees have found jobs in companies like CISCO, Wipro, Infosys, TCS, banks and private agencies. Some of them have become lawyers, lecturers and chartered accountants.
Muddha says that in 2008, his centre has trained around 850 blind youths and supported around 12,000 to 15,000 people who are disabled. These include mentally challenged, hearing impaired and visually impaired with educational support, boarding facilities, aids and equipment.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Trump tells India & Pakistan to get along
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
- Technology February 21, 2019 Updated version of Avaz app has plenty to offer, enables access to wider audience
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events February 20, 2019 Paintability!
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News