Karnataka man aims to empower the blind with computer training
Paul Muddha, who is a senior bank manager in Bengaluru, was born visually impaired and was abandoned in a school for the blind as a child.
Today, he runs a centre for training people who are vision and hearing impaired with computer and vocational skills that are needed to earn a living and be independent.
Muddha is determined to help as many disabled people as possible. Over the last nine years, he has been helping blind and hearing-impaired youth from Karnataka and other states adapt to technology.
His trainees have found jobs in companies like CISCO, Wipro, Infosys, TCS, banks and private agencies. Some of them have become lawyers, lecturers and chartered accountants.
Muddha says that in 2008, his centre has trained around 850 blind youths and supported around 12,000 to 15,000 people who are disabled. These include mentally challenged, hearing impaired and visually impaired with educational support, boarding facilities, aids and equipment.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
December 18, 2018
- How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
December 18, 2018
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 17, 2018 All India Seventh Across Disability Matrimonial Get Together
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Health Problems in children with Autism
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Three terrorists & seven civilians killed at encounter in Jammu & Kashmir
- Parasports December 16, 2018 India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Ezy Mov, the wheelchair taxi service, makes Accessible Goa a reality
- Technology December 17, 2018 Microsoft introduces real-time captions, translations to Skype, PowerPoint
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018