The amazing disabled bakers of Kolkata!
A group of youngsters with disabilities are making their mark in Kolkata.
They run a bakery called Shuktara in Kolkata's Behala area that is showing the way by empowering young men with disabilities.
The bakery was established in 2013 and there are six young men running the place. The bakery was the idea of two French men in the hotel business who trained the boys to bake French specialties.
The orders are taken on advance booking only so the boys don't feel too much pressure. They are paid salaries according to their duties and responsibilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News