The amazing disabled bakers of Kolkata!
November 17, 2017
A group of youngsters with disabilities are making their mark in Kolkata.
They run a bakery called Shuktara in Kolkata's Behala area that is showing the way by empowering young men with disabilities.
The bakery was established in 2013 and there are six young men running the place. The bakery was the idea of two French men in the hotel business who trained the boys to bake French specialties.
The orders are taken on advance booking only so the boys don't feel too much pressure. They are paid salaries according to their duties and responsibilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
June 20, 2019
- SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
June 17, 2019
- Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
June 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
- Headlines June 24, 2019 India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News