The amazing disabled bakers of Kolkata!
November 17, 2017
A group of youngsters with disabilities are making their mark in Kolkata.
They run a bakery called Shuktara in Kolkata's Behala area that is showing the way by empowering young men with disabilities.
The bakery was established in 2013 and there are six young men running the place. The bakery was the idea of two French men in the hotel business who trained the boys to bake French specialties.
The orders are taken on advance booking only so the boys don't feel too much pressure. They are paid salaries according to their duties and responsibilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- #AutismPower - SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
April 4, 2019
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News