The amazing disabled bakers of Kolkata!
A group of youngsters with disabilities are making their mark in Kolkata.
They run a bakery called Shuktara in Kolkata's Behala area that is showing the way by empowering young men with disabilities.
The bakery was established in 2013 and there are six young men running the place. The bakery was the idea of two French men in the hotel business who trained the boys to bake French specialties.
The orders are taken on advance booking only so the boys don't feel too much pressure. They are paid salaries according to their duties and responsibilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
December 12, 2018
- Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
December 11, 2018
- Aarambh brings opportunities to disabled women, to train & to work
December 6, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Shaktikanta Das to succeed Urjit Patel as RBI governor
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
- Events December 9, 2018 Mumbai Memory Cafe
- Parasports December 13, 2018 Wheelchair kabaddi set to make its presence felt in India
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje accuses opposition leader of body-shaming
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 What makes them Disability Heroes - World Disability Day Special
- Education December 7, 2018 Tips to help children with dyscalculia
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News