Give more attention to disabled athletes, says Arunima Sinha
Mountaineer Arunima Sinha, who is physically challenged, has said that disabled athletes are not getting a proper platform to display their talent.
She also accused sports officials of not properly advertising dates of national para-athletics championship and leaking the details to a few players.
Sinha said that whenever the national para-athletic games are held, information does not reach the athletes. Sinha scaled Mt Everest in 2013, becoming the first female amputee to reach the highest peak of the world.
However, she said that she had no information when Jaipur hosted the national para-athletics championship this year. She also said that when the national junior para-athletics games were held in Faridabad in June, para sportspersons did not get any information.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta to tie the knot on 9 March
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Udaan Idol Little Champs, Radio Udaan's annual music competition for disabled kids attracts huge response
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News