Give more attention to disabled athletes, says Arunima Sinha
June 21, 2017
Mountaineer Arunima Sinha, who is physically challenged, has said that disabled athletes are not getting a proper platform to display their talent.
She also accused sports officials of not properly advertising dates of national para-athletics championship and leaking the details to a few players.
Sinha said that whenever the national para-athletic games are held, information does not reach the athletes. Sinha scaled Mt Everest in 2013, becoming the first female amputee to reach the highest peak of the world.
However, she said that she had no information when Jaipur hosted the national para-athletics championship this year. She also said that when the national junior para-athletics games were held in Faridabad in June, para sportspersons did not get any information.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Get-hooked June 9, 2019 Understanding Bipolar Disorder
- Education June 10, 2019 Kidsville Educational Academy offers a shoulder to children with disabilities, & families too
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Get-hooked June 9, 2019 Sportsperson & businesswoman, Geetha Chauhan excels at all that she does
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News