Give more attention to disabled athletes, says Arunima Sinha
June 21, 2017
Mountaineer Arunima Sinha, who is physically challenged, has said that disabled athletes are not getting a proper platform to display their talent.
She also accused sports officials of not properly advertising dates of national para-athletics championship and leaking the details to a few players.
Sinha said that whenever the national para-athletic games are held, information does not reach the athletes. Sinha scaled Mt Everest in 2013, becoming the first female amputee to reach the highest peak of the world.
However, she said that she had no information when Jaipur hosted the national para-athletics championship this year. She also said that when the national junior para-athletics games were held in Faridabad in June, para sportspersons did not get any information.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News