Floating wheelchairs help the disabled enjoy this beach!
For people who have a family member with a disability, vacations can be hard to plan. A town in Maine in the United States is trying to make it a little easier for people with disabilities to enjoy the beach.
An organization that works with the disabled has given Wells a floating wheelchair that brings people right in the water so they can enjoy the sand and the waves.
The organization, called Smile Mass, has been started by two mothers who have children with disabilities and found it hard to go on vacation. Their aim is to give families a vacation or even a day trip without worrying about barriers.
The floating chair has three wheels that are wider but smaller than those of a regular wheelchair. It also has two flotation devices in place of armrests.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Events December 11, 2018 Annual Party Forum For Autism
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Singer Mika Singh detained& released in Dubai over sexual harassment allegations
- Parasports December 13, 2018 Wheelchair kabaddi set to make its presence felt in India
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 10, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News