Floating wheelchairs help the disabled enjoy this beach!
October 6, 2017
For people who have a family member with a disability, vacations can be hard to plan. A town in Maine in the United States is trying to make it a little easier for people with disabilities to enjoy the beach.
An organization that works with the disabled has given Wells a floating wheelchair that brings people right in the water so they can enjoy the sand and the waves.
The organization, called Smile Mass, has been started by two mothers who have children with disabilities and found it hard to go on vacation. Their aim is to give families a vacation or even a day trip without worrying about barriers.
The floating chair has three wheels that are wider but smaller than those of a regular wheelchair. It also has two flotation devices in place of armrests.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News