A dining experience in the company of the hearing impaired
Vitthal’s Kitchen, a restaurant in Jaipur, Rajasthan, is trying to offer its customers a unique experience.
Here, the people serving the food are hearing impaired and the place offers a calm and quiet experience.
There is a a specially-designed menu card, which is self-explanatory. Once you decide the order, the waiter comes with an order book and pen and communicates through sign gestures.
The owner, Ashish Sharma, says he thought of the idea as he wanted to connect disabled youth to the rest of society. He plans to hire 100 more people this year.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
December 18, 2018
- How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
December 18, 2018
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports December 18, 2018 Para athletes see opportunities in Citi-International Paralympic Committee partnership
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Events December 17, 2018 Tycoons Rotary Marathon
- Accessibility December 18, 2018 Chennai's largest inclusive children's playground has something unique for everyone
- Headlines December 18, 2018 New Madhya Pradesh CM waives off farmers' loan after taking charge
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018