A dining experience in the company of the hearing impaired
October 19, 2017
Vitthal's Kitchen, a restaurant in Jaipur, Rajasthan, is trying to offer its customers a unique experience.
Here, the people serving the food are hearing impaired and the place offers a calm and quiet experience.
There is a a specially-designed menu card, which is self-explanatory. Once you decide the order, the waiter comes with an order book and pen and communicates through sign gestures.
The owner, Ashish Sharma, says he thought of the idea as he wanted to connect disabled youth to the rest of society. He plans to hire 100 more people this year.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News