A dining experience in the company of the hearing impaired
Vitthal’s Kitchen, a restaurant in Jaipur, Rajasthan, is trying to offer its customers a unique experience.
Here, the people serving the food are hearing impaired and the place offers a calm and quiet experience.
There is a a specially-designed menu card, which is self-explanatory. Once you decide the order, the waiter comes with an order book and pen and communicates through sign gestures.
The owner, Ashish Sharma, says he thought of the idea as he wanted to connect disabled youth to the rest of society. He plans to hire 100 more people this year.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News