Nagpur workshop teaches children to communicate in sign language
The Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) came up with a unique initiative for the hearing impaired children in the city.
The corporation’s education department organised a sign language workshop for the members of Nagpur for Kids (NFK) club recently.
The workshop highlighted the difficulties of the hearing impaired children in the society. Children members of the club got to know about different hearing and speech disabilities. They also got to learn 26 alphabets and their names in sign language.
The initiative is a step to teach children to respect people despite their disability and an attempt to bridge the gap between the deaf and hearing communities.
Watch in Sign Language
- Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
December 14, 2018
- Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
December 14, 2018
- Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
December 13, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Events December 8, 2018 Poetry and Talent Nite at Mitr
- Education December 7, 2018 Tips to help children with dyscalculia
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Wedding preparations of Mukesh Ambani's daughter begin
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje accuses opposition leader of body-shaming
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 10, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News