Delhi's Indraprastha College provides accessible facilities for disabled students
Generally, disabled students find it difficult to navigate public spaces in colleges and educational institutes due to the inaccessible infrastructure.
However, students with disabilities at Delhi University’s Indraprastha College for Women have many reasons to enjoy. It is because the college has been providing many accessible facilities for disabled students since 2013.
The entrance of the college has tactile tracks, which provides the visually impaired students the required help to move around in the college on their own.
Different ramps have also been set up for students with physical disability using wheelchairs. The college also provides three wheelchairs, out of which one is used by the medical room for emergencies.
The officials have made sure that visually impaired students get access to computers with special Braille software. It is a software that helps the blind use the computer without any guidance. The canteen of the college also provides special Braille menus for the visually impaired students.
Watch in Sign Language
- This music teacher's video tutorials are bringing songs alive for people who are deaf & hard of hearing
November 13, 2018
- I want to make a mobile app accessible to visually impaired! Really? - Guest column by Shilpi Kapoor, Founder, Barrier Break
November 12, 2018
- Actual number of disabled voters in Telangana missing from list, activists ask for special campaign
November 10, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Cyclonic storm lashes coasts of Tamil Nadu, south Andhra
- Get-hooked November 8, 2018 Miss Deaf Asia Nishtha Dudeja credits her win to a fighting spirit, a Newz Hook exclusive
- Headlines November 9, 2018 'Thugs of Hindostan' movie review
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Sushmita Sen puts an end to marriage rumours on social media
- Parasports November 11, 2018 Want to stay active? Check out these sports for disabled people
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Help your child with autism sleep better
- Get-hooked November 9, 2018 India takes the fight against leprosy to people's doorsteps
- Get-hooked November 11, 2018 Some pre-school activities to improve well-being of disabled children
- Parasports November 9, 2018 First ever Blind Volley Ball Tournament to be held in Karnataka
- Accessibility November 13, 2018 This music teacher's video tutorials are bringing songs alive for people who are deaf & hard of hearing
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 10, 2018