Delhi's Indraprastha College provides accessible facilities for disabled students
Generally, disabled students find it difficult to navigate public spaces in colleges and educational institutes due to the inaccessible infrastructure.
However, students with disabilities at Delhi University’s Indraprastha College for Women have many reasons to enjoy. It is because the college has been providing many accessible facilities for disabled students since 2013.
The entrance of the college has tactile tracks, which provides the visually impaired students the required help to move around in the college on their own.
Different ramps have also been set up for students with physical disability using wheelchairs. The college also provides three wheelchairs, out of which one is used by the medical room for emergencies.
The officials have made sure that visually impaired students get access to computers with special Braille software. It is a software that helps the blind use the computer without any guidance. The canteen of the college also provides special Braille menus for the visually impaired students.
Watch in Sign Language
- Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
February 15, 2019
- Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
February 13, 2019
- Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Employment February 10, 2019 Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News