Delhi's Indraprastha College provides accessible facilities for disabled students
October 11, 2017
Generally, disabled students find it difficult to navigate public spaces in colleges and educational institutes due to the inaccessible infrastructure.
However, students with disabilities at Delhi University's Indraprastha College for Women have many reasons to enjoy. It is because the college has been providing many accessible facilities for disabled students since 2013.
The entrance of the college has tactile tracks, which provides the visually impaired students the required help to move around in the college on their own.
Different ramps have also been set up for students with physical disability using wheelchairs. The college also provides three wheelchairs, out of which one is used by the medical room for emergencies.
The officials have made sure that visually impaired students get access to computers with special Braille software. It is a software that helps the blind use the computer without any guidance. The canteen of the college also provides special Braille menus for the visually impaired students.
Watch in Sign Language
- Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
July 15, 2019
- Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
July 13, 2019
- Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
July 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education July 15, 2019 Viewing the draft National Education Policy 2019 through the disability lens - Guest column by Shampa Sengupta
- Events July 11, 2019 Workshop: Behavior as a communication tool
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Al-Qaeda head calls for attack on J&K in video
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Reports of rift within Indian cricket team to be probed
- Events July 11, 2019 Workshop: Accommodating Diversities
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 Understanding Essential Oils for Autism, ADHD
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Kangana accuses media of defamation
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Parenting corner - Autism and Aggression
- Events July 16, 2019 Open Voices Conference
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Over 50 people dead, 30 missing in Nepal floods
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News