Now Raipur has a hangout place for disabled youngsters
Irfan Ahmad from Raipur has started a friendship zone for the disabled youngsters in the city. The idea is to allow disabled youngsters of the city meet different people and make friends in a place free from discrimination.
Disabled youngsters can also find jobs, communicate in sign language and enjoy tea and snacks and get to know each other in the unique hangout place.
Right now, Irfan has given jobs and training to four disabled youngsters who work as chef and waiter in the place. He plans to hire more disabled people in the future to help them earn and live independently.
Watch in Sign Language
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 11, 2018 Annual Party Forum For Autism
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 10, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018