Now Raipur has a hangout place for disabled youngsters
October 27, 2017
Irfan Ahmad from Raipur has started a friendship zone for the disabled youngsters in the city. The idea is to allow disabled youngsters of the city meet different people and make friends in a place free from discrimination.
Disabled youngsters can also find jobs, communicate in sign language and enjoy tea and snacks and get to know each other in the unique hangout place.
Right now, Irfan has given jobs and training to four disabled youngsters who work as chef and waiter in the place. He plans to hire more disabled people in the future to help them earn and live independently.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News