Meet Ambika who did not let disability affect her academic performance
June 27, 2017
Ambika D Metre, from Dongaon village in Karnataka's Bidar district, has secured the all-India third rank among physically disabled students in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) exam. It is an entrance exam in India for students who want to study any graduate medical course in government or private medical colleges.
Ambika who also suffers from a heart-related disease, has never allowed her physical disability to affect her academic dreams.
Despite living in a village and studying in a Kannada-medium school, Ambika has scored 287 out of 720 marks in the exam.
Ambika said focusing on her studies and spending less time on social media, mobile phone and television helped her to clear the exams with good marks. She thanked her parents and teachers for helping her work hard and achieve success in the exams.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News