Teenager with autism will be the lead in new Netflix series
July 3, 2017
The story of an 18-year-old with autism will soon be telecast on Netflix. The eight-episode series is called 'Atypical' and is shown from the perspective of Sam, a teen on the autism spectrum.
Sam is played by an actor called Keir Gilchrist, who is looking to gain independence and find love. The story shows how the rest of his family reacts to this journey of self-discovery.
To ensure an accurate depiction of autism, Netflix said the show creators worked with a professor of special education. 'Atypical' will be available on Netflix starting 11 August.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News