Teenager with autism will be the lead in new Netflix series
The story of an 18-year-old with autism will soon be telecast on Netflix. The eight-episode series is called 'Atypical' and is shown from the perspective of Sam, a teen on the autism spectrum.
Sam is played by an actor called Keir Gilchrist, who is looking to gain independence and find love. The story shows how the rest of his family reacts to this journey of self-discovery.
To ensure an accurate depiction of autism, Netflix said the show creators worked with a professor of special education. 'Atypical' will be available on Netflix starting 11 August.
Watch in Sign Language
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Bhupesh Baghel is the new Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh
- Employment December 11, 2018 Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
- Headlines December 15, 2018 India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018