Teenager with autism will be the lead in new Netflix series
July 3, 2017
The story of an 18-year-old with autism will soon be telecast on Netflix. The eight-episode series is called 'Atypical' and is shown from the perspective of Sam, a teen on the autism spectrum.
Sam is played by an actor called Keir Gilchrist, who is looking to gain independence and find love. The story shows how the rest of his family reacts to this journey of self-discovery.
To ensure an accurate depiction of autism, Netflix said the show creators worked with a professor of special education. 'Atypical' will be available on Netflix starting 11 August.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News