Delhi University makes efforts to make campus accessible for the disabled
The Delhi University is providing high-tech mobile phones with special applications for visually impaired students.
Students with disabilities are also being provided with 'Plextalk', which is a pocket recorder with FM and a scanner.
The device helps students with disabilities to scan their academic books. Other than this, the University is providing many facilities to help improve their academic performance. A Java Programming tool for students with visual disabilities has already been installed in computers in several colleges. Ramps and tactile tracks have also been built in the campus of almost all colleges.
There is also an Equal Opportunity Cell (EOC) in the Arts faculty, which acts as a helping hand and makes sure that no discrimination takes place in the University on grounds of disability.
However, some disabled students say that the facilities are not being maintained well, and that there are not enough study materials available to them.
Watch in Sign Language
- Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
February 17, 2019
- Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
February 15, 2019
- Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019