Delhi University makes efforts to make campus accessible for the disabled
The Delhi University is providing high-tech mobile phones with special applications for visually impaired students.
Students with disabilities are also being provided with 'Plextalk', which is a pocket recorder with FM and a scanner.
The device helps students with disabilities to scan their academic books. Other than this, the University is providing many facilities to help improve their academic performance. A Java Programming tool for students with visual disabilities has already been installed in computers in several colleges. Ramps and tactile tracks have also been built in the campus of almost all colleges.
There is also an Equal Opportunity Cell (EOC) in the Arts faculty, which acts as a helping hand and makes sure that no discrimination takes place in the University on grounds of disability.
However, some disabled students say that the facilities are not being maintained well, and that there are not enough study materials available to them.
Watch in Sign Language
- The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
December 11, 2018
- Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
December 10, 2018
- Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
December 9, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Headlines December 6, 2018 Prime Minister Modi attends Priyanka-Nick’s reception party
- Events December 11, 2018 Annual Party Forum For Autism
- Headlines December 8, 2018 PM Narendra Modi meets UP Chief Minister on Bulandshahr violence
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked December 7, 2018 A writing contest with disability as the theme. Know more
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked December 8, 2018