Indian women's wheelchair basketball team set to go international
June 28, 2017
The women's wheelchair basketball team will soon be representing India on an international stage.
The Wheelchair Federation of India is currently training men and women to compete at the 4th Bali Cup International Tournament starting in July but lack of funds has become a major block.
The Australian Consulate has stepped in now to support the girl's team but the Men's team is still seeking help. Bradley John Ness who captained the Australian wheelchair basketball team to a silver medal in the London Paralympics has volunteered to train the girls' team.
It is important that these players be able to represent India on international grounds as it will mean international exposure and awards, and they will also train many other talented players back in their hometowns and take it forward.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
- Education June 10, 2019 Kidsville Educational Academy offers a shoulder to children with disabilities, & families too
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Headlines June 9, 2019 Imran Khan invites PM Modi for peace talks
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News