Indian women's wheelchair basketball team set to go international
The women's wheelchair basketball team will soon be representing India on an international stage.
The Wheelchair Federation of India is currently training men and women to compete at the 4th Bali Cup International Tournament starting in July but lack of funds has become a major block.
The Australian Consulate has stepped in now to support the girl's team but the Men's team is still seeking help. Bradley John Ness who captained the Australian wheelchair basketball team to a silver medal in the London Paralympics has volunteered to train the girls' team.
It is important that these players be able to represent India on international grounds as it will mean international exposure and awards, and they will also train many other talented players back in their hometowns and take it forward.
Watch in Sign Language
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019