Para-cyclist Aditya Mehta starts talent search in Bengaluru
Para-cyclist Aditya Mehta has started his ambitious national training camp to look for promising para-athletes.
The camp, run by the Aditya Mehta Foundation (AMF), will see around 150 upcoming para-athletes made up of brave soldiers from the central armed police forces who have sustained serious injuries in the line of duty.
The initiative has helped find promising para-athletes and also transformed the lives of disabled soldiers. The Indian para-cyclists' team, made up of athletes from the AMF camp went on to win several medals at the Asian Championships in Bahrain in February.
The success of the AMF camp has inspired more soldiers to enroll and approach Aditya. The AMF plans to train and mentor them with the help of internationally acclaimed coaches in a weeklong training in six para sporting disciplines. These are swimming, cycling, badminton (standing and wheelchair), tennis (wheelchair), shooting and bodybuilding.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Education February 19, 2019 The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Get-hooked February 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News