Jaipur cafes give jobs to disabled as chefs and waiters
Cafes run and managed by the disabled people are now becoming a movement in Jaipur. These cafes have unique and interesting ideas in which the customers communicate with the disabled employees.
Thadiwala café in Vaishali Nagar in Jaipur gives jobs and training to only hearing impaired female employees. So, when a customer takes a table or gives an order, he can just press a button. The hearing impaired staff will come with a notebook in which the customer can write the order from the menu.
Red Fox hotel in the city also has a policy to hire 20% of its staff as physically disabled. Right now, the hotel has 18 to 20 employees who are hearing impaired and are trained to work in different departments like housekeeping and food and drinks.
Also, Vitthal’s Kitchen, a café near Lakshmi Mandir has six hearing impaired employees. The café has code numbers for food names in the menu. The customer can write the code number along with the quantity in the notebook to place his order.
Watch in Sign Language
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Parasports December 16, 2018 Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Parasports December 13, 2018 Wheelchair kabaddi set to make its presence felt in India
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Disabled travellers raise concern over toilets being shut down in railway platforms
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018