Jaipur cafes give jobs to disabled as chefs and waiters
Cafes run and managed by the disabled people are now becoming a movement in Jaipur. These cafes have unique and interesting ideas in which the customers communicate with the disabled employees.
Thadiwala café in Vaishali Nagar in Jaipur gives jobs and training to only hearing impaired female employees. So, when a customer takes a table or gives an order, he can just press a button. The hearing impaired staff will come with a notebook in which the customer can write the order from the menu.
Red Fox hotel in the city also has a policy to hire 20% of its staff as physically disabled. Right now, the hotel has 18 to 20 employees who are hearing impaired and are trained to work in different departments like housekeeping and food and drinks.
Also, Vitthal’s Kitchen, a café near Lakshmi Mandir has six hearing impaired employees. The café has code numbers for food names in the menu. The customer can write the code number along with the quantity in the notebook to place his order.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019