Jaipur cafes give jobs to disabled as chefs and waiters
October 27, 2017
Cafes run and managed by the disabled people are now becoming a movement in Jaipur. These cafes have unique and interesting ideas in which the customers communicate with the disabled employees.
Thadiwala café in Vaishali Nagar in Jaipur gives jobs and training to only hearing impaired female employees. So, when a customer takes a table or gives an order, he can just press a button. The hearing impaired staff will come with a notebook in which the customer can write the order from the menu.
Red Fox hotel in the city also has a policy to hire 20% of its staff as physically disabled. Right now, the hotel has 18 to 20 employees who are hearing impaired and are trained to work in different departments like housekeeping and food and drinks.
Also, Vitthal's Kitchen, a café near Lakshmi Mandir has six hearing impaired employees. The café has code numbers for food names in the menu. The customer can write the code number along with the quantity in the notebook to place his order.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News