Know the Visually impaired comedians who are breaking disability myths
Many visually impaired people are entering in the profession of stand-up comedy to make people laugh and change the attitudes towards disability in the society.
Here are two visually impaired comedians from India who have proved that blindness in no way prevents a person from having a good sense of humor.
Sundeep Rao is a blind comedian, who decided to take up standup comedy after getting bored with his IT job. You can check out his funny take on NRIs, Startups and Trump here.
Nidhi Goyal is India’s first blind standup comedienne and a disability and gender justice activist from Mumbai. You can check Nidhi’s funny experiences on relationships and arranged marriage meets here.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 New initiative called iDARE in Goa aims to fight for the rights of disabled people
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Events February 21, 2019 Course in Learning Disabilities from Samadhan Goyam
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019