Know the Visually impaired comedians who are breaking disability myths
Many visually impaired people are entering in the profession of stand-up comedy to make people laugh and change the attitudes towards disability in the society.
Here are two visually impaired comedians from India who have proved that blindness in no way prevents a person from having a good sense of humor.
Sundeep Rao is a blind comedian, who decided to take up standup comedy after getting bored with his IT job. You can check out his funny take on NRIs, Startups and Trump here.
Nidhi Goyal is India’s first blind standup comedienne and a disability and gender justice activist from Mumbai. You can check Nidhi’s funny experiences on relationships and arranged marriage meets here.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
October 19, 2018
- Cycling for children with autism, some information
October 19, 2018
- ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
October 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Accessibility October 13, 2018 Feedback sought on issues faced by visually impaired people while using PayTM
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Parasports October 17, 2018 Deepak Malik's century gives India lead against Sri Lanka in Blind Cricket Twenty20 series
- Get-hooked October 12, 2018 Strengthening the parent-child bond is key to empowering kids with autism at Aarambh
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Sarbojonin in name only, not in practice - Guest column by Arita Acharjee & Annesha Dasgupta
- Education October 18, 2018 Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
- Get-hooked October 13, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Parasports October 16, 2018 Aiming for gold in 2020 Paralympics, Asian Para Games gold medalist Ekta Bhyan tells Newz Hook
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 16, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News