Know the Visually impaired comedians who are breaking disability myths
November 6, 2017
Many visually impaired people are entering in the profession of stand-up comedy to make people laugh and change the attitudes towards disability in the society.
Here are two visually impaired comedians from India who have proved that blindness in no way prevents a person from having a good sense of humor.
Sundeep Rao is a blind comedian, who decided to take up standup comedy after getting bored with his IT job. You can check out his funny take on NRIs, Startups and Trump here.
Nidhi Goyal is India's first blind standup comedienne and a disability and gender justice activist from Mumbai. You can check Nidhi's funny experiences on relationships and arranged marriage meets here.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News