Know the Visually impaired comedians who are breaking disability myths
November 6, 2017
Many visually impaired people are entering in the profession of stand-up comedy to make people laugh and change the attitudes towards disability in the society.
Here are two visually impaired comedians from India who have proved that blindness in no way prevents a person from having a good sense of humor.
Sundeep Rao is a blind comedian, who decided to take up standup comedy after getting bored with his IT job. You can check out his funny take on NRIs, Startups and Trump here.
Nidhi Goyal is India's first blind standup comedienne and a disability and gender justice activist from Mumbai. You can check Nidhi's funny experiences on relationships and arranged marriage meets here.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News