Chennai NGO helps artists with disabilities find employment
June 29, 2017
Swaminathan is a 30 year old artist with autism and lives in Chennai. He started creating drawings from crayons when he was two year old.
His artwork became the part of an exhibition at the Swiss Hutte Café. Swaminathan always preferred using black and white colors as other colors confused him.
Apart from Swaminathan, six other artists also presented their artwork at the café. Each artist has a disability and uses art as a medium of expression.
The display was organized by NGO Kai Rasi that is working to find employment opportunities for artists with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Headlines May 23, 2019 India launches new spy satellite
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Parasports May 20, 2019 Passion for sports keeps Amresh's spirits up through the worst of times
- Accessibility May 20, 2019 Goa election officials, NGOs come together to conduct accessibility audit of polling booths
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Delhi Police reacts to Kejriwal’s comment on security
- Headlines May 23, 2019 NaMo all the way, BJP-led alliance returns with thumping majority
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 These friends banded together in the aftermath of the Kerala floods to help people with disabilities
- Headlines May 19, 2019 PM Modi responds to title of 'Divider in Chief'
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News