Chennai NGO helps artists with disabilities find employment
June 29, 2017
Swaminathan is a 30 year old artist with autism and lives in Chennai. He started creating drawings from crayons when he was two year old.
His artwork became the part of an exhibition at the Swiss Hutte Café. Swaminathan always preferred using black and white colors as other colors confused him.
Apart from Swaminathan, six other artists also presented their artwork at the café. Each artist has a disability and uses art as a medium of expression.
The display was organized by NGO Kai Rasi that is working to find employment opportunities for artists with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
- Handicrops, India's first company founded by disabled people, set to spread outside Kerala
March 10, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 Awareness Session on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
- Get-hooked March 25, 2019 Tough, but not impossible. - Guest columnist Karthik Chandrashekhar talks about his journey overcoming disability
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 ‘Chaya’, a theatre performance by wheelchair users in Kerala, becomes grand success
- Events March 20, 2019 Downs syndrome free assessment camp
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Child prodigy Joshua Beckford proves disability need not be a roadblock to your dreams
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Karnataka govt introduces accessibility features for elections, disability groups raise questions
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Kolkata school for kids with disabilities to stay shut until investigation into drowning death is over
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 In enabling son Advait to unlock his potential, mom Smrithy came into her own as an empowered parent
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Rahul Gandhi PM Modi over chowkidaar campaign
- Headlines March 24, 2019 Jet Airways suspends flights to 13 international routes
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News