Chennai NGO helps artists with disabilities find employment
Swaminathan is a 30 year old artist with autism and lives in Chennai. He started creating drawings from crayons when he was two year old.
His artwork became the part of an exhibition at the Swiss Hutte Café. Swaminathan always preferred using black and white colors as other colors confused him.
Apart from Swaminathan, six other artists also presented their artwork at the café. Each artist has a disability and uses art as a medium of expression.
The display was organized by NGO Kai Rasi that is working to find employment opportunities for artists with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Bengaluru NGOs show a large heart with donations for disabled, homeless people
- Headlines January 15, 2019 Fans troll Virat for spending quality time with Anushka
- Headlines January 19, 2019 India wins one day series in Australia
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Kerala government claims 51 women entered Sabarimala since last September
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Samanvai spreads smiles to lives of disabled people in Hyderabad
- Events January 20, 2019 Trinayani's 18th Inclusive Monthly Meetup
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Early intervention in hearing impairments matters. Here's why
- Headlines January 19, 2019 Tight security for women who entered Sabarimala
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
- Get-hooked January 22, 2019 Workshop on children with ADHD, know more
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News