Chennai NGO helps artists with disabilities find employment
June 29, 2017
Swaminathan is a 30 year old artist with autism and lives in Chennai. He started creating drawings from crayons when he was two year old.
His artwork became the part of an exhibition at the Swiss Hutte CafÃ©. Swaminathan always preferred using black and white colors as other colors confused him.
Apart from Swaminathan, six other artists also presented their artwork at the cafÃ©. Each artist has a disability and uses art as a medium of expression.
The display was organized by NGO Kai Rasi that is working to find employment opportunities for artists with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Headlines July 17, 2019 England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
- Headlines July 19, 2019 Sylvester Stallone responds to Salman’s post on disabled fan
- Education July 17, 2019 Kerala High Court upholds guidelines for therapy centres in the state
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 #RareDiseases - Indian Rett Syndrome Foundation is raising awareness about this genetic brain disorder
- Headlines July 17, 2019 Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
- Accessibility July 15, 2019 Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
- Events July 18, 2019 Inclusive Art : Shifting From Neurotypical Frameworks
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 An instinctive, nurturing approach enables this music teacher to unearth talents in disabled students
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News