Chennai NGO helps artists with disabilities find employment
Swaminathan is a 30 year old artist with autism and lives in Chennai. He started creating drawings from crayons when he was two year old.
His artwork became the part of an exhibition at the Swiss Hutte Café. Swaminathan always preferred using black and white colors as other colors confused him.
Apart from Swaminathan, six other artists also presented their artwork at the café. Each artist has a disability and uses art as a medium of expression.
The display was organized by NGO Kai Rasi that is working to find employment opportunities for artists with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- Career choices for people with autism
November 11, 2018
- Career options for people with learning disabilities
November 9, 2018
- Some tips to manage the workplace for adults with ADHD
October 30, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Multiple Disabilities
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Accessibility November 15, 2018 Lack of clarity on revised admission norms leaves disabled students & parents groping in the dark
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Priyanka to get married in Jodhpur, preparations are on
- Headlines November 16, 2018 Deepika & Ranveer’s wedding pictures released
- Parasports November 20, 2018 Divyaang Myithri Sports Academy’s wheelchair cricket camp is a success
- Events November 15, 2018 Convention Against Sexual Assaults on Women with Disabilities
- Get-hooked November 20, 2018 Delhi government move to set up ministry for disabled people meets with cautious response
- Headlines November 20, 2018 Amritsar grenade attack puts Punjab Police on the backfoot
- Headlines November 19, 2018 Image of 'Statue of Unity' from space released by American company
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018