New research at Lucknow college to support deaf education
Dr Shakuntala Misra National Rehabilitation University (SMNRU) will work with University of Central Lancashire's International Institute for Sign Language and Deaf Studies (IISLADS) to come up with a research project to support the education of deaf people in India.
The research project will find out the problems faced by teachers and the various ways of educating the deaf students. The findings will be then included in a policy.
Experts from both the institutes will prepare a syllabus based on the needs of deaf students, who will be given admission in the new College for Deaf at SMNRU. The course will provide training on social and communication skills to hearing impaired students.
Watch in Sign Language
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
- No clarity on final guidelines for medical entrance test, disabled aspirants still in the dark
January 30, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events February 9, 2019 Race For 7
- Events February 10, 2019 4th All India Deaf Fine And Craft Festival
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Technology February 11, 2019 Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Teen art prodigy Ansh's stunning watercolours show maturity, individuality
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019