Deaf movie review of MOM
July 20, 2017
A hearing perspective:
MOM is a Hindi thriller-drama film featuring Sridevi (as biology professor Devki), Nawazuddin Sidiqqui (as detective DK), Akshaye Khanna (as inspector Mathew), Sajal Ali (as Devki's stepdaughter Arya), Adnan Siddiqui (as Devki's husband Anand) and Abhimanyu Singh (as villain Jagan).
The film is directed by Ravi Udyawar and produced by Boney Kapoor, Sunil Manchanda, Mukesh Talreja, Naresh Agarwal and Gautam Jain.
The film deals with the highly sensitive topic of gang rape and shows the inefficient justice system that fails to punish the accused and lets them walk free.
MOM film is about Devki who is friendly with her students but also strict when it comes to making students understand what is right and wrong.
Devki has a happy family with a loving husband and two daughters. However, her stepdaughter Arya doesn't accept Devki and calls her 'Mam' instead of 'Mom'.
Arya believes that a daughter comes into a mother's life but a mother does not enter the life of a daughter.
An unfortunate incident in Arya's life makes Devki lose faith in the judicial system and chose not between what is right or wrong but between what is wrong and very wrong.
The way Devki sets on a courageous fight to get justice for her daughter Arya with the help of DK forms the main part of the film's story.
Verdict - MOM is one of the most wonderful movies of 2017. It is a recommended MUST WATCH for its engaging storyline, Sridevi and Nawazuddin's brilliant acting performances, excellent camerawork and superb direction.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News