Deaf movie review of MOM
July 20, 2017
A hearing perspective:
MOM is a Hindi thriller-drama film featuring Sridevi (as biology professor Devki), Nawazuddin Sidiqqui (as detective DK), Akshaye Khanna (as inspector Mathew), Sajal Ali (as Devki's stepdaughter Arya), Adnan Siddiqui (as Devki's husband Anand) and Abhimanyu Singh (as villain Jagan).
The film is directed by Ravi Udyawar and produced by Boney Kapoor, Sunil Manchanda, Mukesh Talreja, Naresh Agarwal and Gautam Jain.
The film deals with the highly sensitive topic of gang rape and shows the inefficient justice system that fails to punish the accused and lets them walk free.
MOM film is about Devki who is friendly with her students but also strict when it comes to making students understand what is right and wrong.
Devki has a happy family with a loving husband and two daughters. However, her stepdaughter Arya doesn't accept Devki and calls her 'Mam' instead of 'Mom'.
Arya believes that a daughter comes into a mother's life but a mother does not enter the life of a daughter.
An unfortunate incident in Arya's life makes Devki lose faith in the judicial system and chose not between what is right or wrong but between what is wrong and very wrong.
The way Devki sets on a courageous fight to get justice for her daughter Arya with the help of DK forms the main part of the film's story.
Verdict - MOM is one of the most wonderful movies of 2017. It is a recommended MUST WATCH for its engaging storyline, Sridevi and Nawazuddin's brilliant acting performances, excellent camerawork and superb direction.
Watch in Sign Language
- Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
April 20, 2019
- Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
April 20, 2019
- #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
April 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News