Deaf movie review of MOM
A hearing perspective:
MOM is a Hindi thriller-drama film featuring Sridevi (as biology professor Devki), Nawazuddin Sidiqqui (as detective DK), Akshaye Khanna (as inspector Mathew), Sajal Ali (as Devki’s stepdaughter Arya), Adnan Siddiqui (as Devki’s husband Anand) and Abhimanyu Singh (as villain Jagan).
The film is directed by Ravi Udyawar and produced by Boney Kapoor, Sunil Manchanda, Mukesh Talreja, Naresh Agarwal and Gautam Jain.
The film deals with the highly sensitive topic of gang rape and shows the inefficient justice system that fails to punish the accused and lets them walk free.
MOM film is about Devki who is friendly with her students but also strict when it comes to making students understand what is right and wrong.
Devki has a happy family with a loving husband and two daughters. However, her stepdaughter Arya doesn’t accept Devki and calls her ‘Mam’ instead of ‘Mom’.
Arya believes that a daughter comes into a mother’s life but a mother does not enter the life of a daughter.
An unfortunate incident in Arya’s life makes Devki lose faith in the judicial system and chose not between what is right or wrong but between what is wrong and very wrong.
The way Devki sets on a courageous fight to get justice for her daughter Arya with the help of DK forms the main part of the film's story.
Verdict - MOM is one of the most wonderful movies of 2017. It is a recommended MUST WATCH for its engaging storyline, Sridevi and Nawazuddin’s brilliant acting performances, excellent camerawork and superb direction.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Trump tells India & Pakistan to get along
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Technology February 21, 2019 Updated version of Avaz app has plenty to offer, enables access to wider audience
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News