Bengaluru school uses Lego to help kids with learning disabilities
July 4, 2017
Ankura Foundation, an inclusive pre-school in Bengaluru, that has students with learning disabilities has started a Lego Club that is helping children who have learning disability and social difficulties.
The Lego Club was started in collaboration with Toylet, a toy company. The Club has six children with learning disabilities between the ages of 5 and 7 years. The Club claims to be the first in Karnataka to use Lego for children with learning disabilities.
Experts say that Lego therapy works because it takes the adult out of the picture and allows for children to take the initiative and break out of their shells. The kids are put in groups of three, where one child takes the role of the 'engineer', another becomes the 'builder' and puts the Lego structure together, and the third one is the 'supplier', or the one who finds the right pieces to use.
This means they have to interact with one another and it helps in physical and motor development, speech and communication, socialization, emotional development and creativity and imagination.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 23, 2019 India launches new spy satellite
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines May 25, 2019 Bollywood actors hail PM Modi for historic win
- Accessibility May 23, 2019 Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Para athlete Javed Choudhari to dance up a storm on reality show Dance Deewane
- Headlines May 27, 2019 Hundreds left homeless in Tripura after heavy rains
- Get-hooked May 27, 2019 Sports has many benefits for amputees, so go for it, say experts
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Athlete Dutee Chand faces family expulsion for saying she is gay
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Headlines May 24, 2019 World leaders congratulate PM Modi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News