Toyota launches robot that helps disabled move around the house
July 2, 2017
Toyota has launched a Human Support Robot that helps people who are physically disabled to move around the house.
The robot is called Romulo and has already been tested on a US soldier who became paralyzed from the neck down after suffering injuries in Afghanistan.
The robot has wheels and visual sensors, along with an arm that can do tasks for those it is helping, like handling door knobs or grasping objects.
It can also make video calls and has been used in Japanese hospitals.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Al-Qaeda head calls for attack on J&K in video
- Headlines July 15, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ launch called off after technical slag
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Saswati Singh's efforts to empower people with disabilities takes off as Nav Prerna Foundation
- Events July 16, 2019 Swaras and More @ Mitr Cafe
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
- Events July 18, 2019 3rd National wheelchair Rugby Championship 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News