Toyota launches robot that helps disabled move around the house
July 2, 2017
Toyota has launched a Human Support Robot that helps people who are physically disabled to move around the house.
The robot is called Romulo and has already been tested on a US soldier who became paralyzed from the neck down after suffering injuries in Afghanistan.
The robot has wheels and visual sensors, along with an arm that can do tasks for those it is helping, like handling door knobs or grasping objects.
It can also make video calls and has been used in Japanese hospitals.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Need more movies to portray disability in a sensitive manner, say activists
- Headlines March 20, 2019 Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Disability rights rules amended for people with high support needs
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 #WonderWoman - Ketna Mehta is giving people with disabilities wings to fly
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Trailer of biopic PM Narendra Modi gets over one million views
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Rahul Gandhi PM Modi over chowkidaar campaign
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News