Meet Vidhya, a visually impaired girl who topped her post graduation exam
23-year-old Vidhya Y, a visually impaired girl from Bengaluru has ranked first in her class in MSc Digital Society from the International Institute of Information Technology Bengaluru (IIITB).
When Vidhya was a child, her dream was to become a doctor. However, she was not able to choose science in school due to her disability and instead, she chose commerce.
Vidhya faced many problems when she asked for extra time for her maths exam and was told by the officials that she should have chosen humanities subject.
So now Vidhya plans to build technology to make learning maths and science easier for visually impaired primary school students. She will slowly make these subjects accessible for higher class students as well.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Get-hooked February 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News