Meet Vidhya, a visually impaired girl who topped her post graduation exam
July 3, 2017
23-year-old Vidhya Y, a visually impaired girl from Bengaluru has ranked first in her class in MSc Digital Society from the International Institute of Information Technology Bengaluru (IIITB).
When Vidhya was a child, her dream was to become a doctor. However, she was not able to choose science in school due to her disability and instead, she chose commerce.
Vidhya faced many problems when she asked for extra time for her maths exam and was told by the officials that she should have chosen humanities subject.
So now Vidhya plans to build technology to make learning maths and science easier for visually impaired primary school students. She will slowly make these subjects accessible for higher class students as well.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News