Study circle for disabled students started in Andhra Pradesh
The government of Andhra Pradesh will start a Study Circle to help disabled students to train them for competitive exams and civil services.
The AP Study Circle for the Differently-Abled will be started in Vijayawada in July and the location is being decided. The new facility will give free coaching to eligible candidates helping them prepare for competitive exams conducted by the Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission.
This will later be scaled up and candidates aspiring for civil services will also be given coaching for exams conducted by the Union Public Service Commission [UPSC]. Many disabled people live in poverty without proper food, clothing and shelter. So the government has started two new homes for the blind and destitute in Anantapur and Kakinada.
It is also setting up a junior college for the blind in Visakhapatnam, a school for the disabled at Hindupur, and a home for people with locomotor disabilities in Guntur district.
Watch in Sign Language
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
- No clarity on final guidelines for medical entrance test, disabled aspirants still in the dark
January 30, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Mammootty watches latest film 'Peranbu' with disabled kids at Kochi theatre
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta to tie the knot on 9 March
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Rare Diseases
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Arun Jaitley back in India after treatment
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News