Odisha government to launch universal eye care program
July 4, 2017
The Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik has said that the state government was developing a universal eye care program to reduce the number of curable blind persons.
The program aims to reduce the number of treatable and curable blind persons in Odisha. Required methods will be set up for screening and providing free treatment to all persons with treatable and curable causes of blindness.
More than 5000 corneas through eye donations have been collected by the NGO Drushti Daan that organizes cornea collection awareness programs in the state.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News