Odisha government to launch universal eye care program
July 4, 2017
The Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik has said that the state government was developing a universal eye care program to reduce the number of curable blind persons.
The program aims to reduce the number of treatable and curable blind persons in Odisha. Required methods will be set up for screening and providing free treatment to all persons with treatable and curable causes of blindness.
More than 5000 corneas through eye donations have been collected by the NGO Drushti Daan that organizes cornea collection awareness programs in the state.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News