Odisha government to launch universal eye care program
The Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik has said that the state government was developing a universal eye care program to reduce the number of curable blind persons.
The program aims to reduce the number of treatable and curable blind persons in Odisha. Required methods will be set up for screening and providing free treatment to all persons with treatable and curable causes of blindness.
More than 5000 corneas through eye donations have been collected by the NGO Drushti Daan that organizes cornea collection awareness programs in the state.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 #LovePossible - Newlyweds Shilpa & Danish Mahajan are setting serious couple goals
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Events February 20, 2019 Paintability!
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Headlines February 20, 2019 India Premier League season starts 23 March
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Get-hooked February 14, 2019