He swims, paints, performs acrobatics - all in a wheelchair!
Mohammad Imran Qureshi was 17 when he lost his vision due to multiple sclerosis. This is a long-term disease that attacks the brain and central nervous system.
Imran later got his vision back but was later struck with paralysis in both his legs and had to use a wheelchair. Eventually, Imran started performing various acrobatics and synchronized acts.
In 2014, he got the role of a disabled army commando in Akshay Kumar's film Holiday. He is also a painter, a swimmer, a netball player, and has won much praise. He even won a gold medal in a state- level swimming contest held in Jalandhar last year.
Imran now wants others like him to become self- reliant and make their families proud.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 ‘Punarjani’ gives new lease of life to disabled flood victims in Kerala
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Court to Anil Ambani - Pay dues or go to jail
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News