He swims, paints, performs acrobatics - all in a wheelchair!
October 24, 2017
Mohammad Imran Qureshi was 17 when he lost his vision due to multiple sclerosis. This is a long-term disease that attacks the brain and central nervous system.
Imran later got his vision back but was later struck with paralysis in both his legs and had to use a wheelchair. Eventually, Imran started performing various acrobatics and synchronized acts.
In 2014, he got the role of a disabled army commando in Akshay Kumar's film Holiday. He is also a painter, a swimmer, a netball player, and has won much praise. He even won a gold medal in a state- level swimming contest held in Jalandhar last year.
Imran now wants others like him to become self- reliant and make their families proud.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News