He swims, paints, performs acrobatics - all in a wheelchair!
Mohammad Imran Qureshi was 17 when he lost his vision due to multiple sclerosis. This is a long-term disease that attacks the brain and central nervous system.
Imran later got his vision back but was later struck with paralysis in both his legs and had to use a wheelchair. Eventually, Imran started performing various acrobatics and synchronized acts.
In 2014, he got the role of a disabled army commando in Akshay Kumar's film Holiday. He is also a painter, a swimmer, a netball player, and has won much praise. He even won a gold medal in a state- level swimming contest held in Jalandhar last year.
Imran now wants others like him to become self- reliant and make their families proud.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
October 19, 2018
- Cycling for children with autism, some information
October 19, 2018
- ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
October 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility October 12, 2018 A Durga Puja pandal in Kolkata that is accessible to visually impaired people
- Headlines October 16, 2018 Over 70 cases of Zika virus reported in Rajasthan
- Parasports October 17, 2018 India's para badminton players show their mettle in the Asian Para Games
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Air quality in Delhi dips to very poor, emergency meeting held
- Accessibility October 14, 2018 This disabled girl from Kerala is fighting roadblocks to get a driver’s license
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 An open letter to Goa Governor, Mridula Sinha - My Take by Monika Kshatriya
- Education October 18, 2018 Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
- Education October 12, 2018 Simple accommodations that can make school less stressful for kids with dyslexia
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Technology October 17, 2018 Regional language dyslexia screening tool, DALI, now available as an app
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News