Orchestra of disabled musicians gets world attention
The Tap Tap is an orchestra created 18 years ago in Prague in Czechoslovakia to give disabled students a chance to discover their musical talents.
Today it has become world famous and the band has played in London, Madrid, Moscow and Jerusalem. Its next stops are New York, Washington and Chicago.
Many of the musicians are in wheelchairs with serious disabilities. The band’s strength is based on its two essential rules - they always come on time and they work well as a team. Tap Tap produces music of its own, with help from local musicians, and lyrics that target the world of the disabled.
The 20-member group plays about 60 concerts a year and despite all the difficulties of going on the road, they travel all over.
The orchestra’s next project for next year is to perform in jails along with prisoners.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 63 government websites now accessible for disabled people, claims Centre. Not enough, says experts
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019