Orchestra of disabled musicians gets world attention
July 7, 2017
The Tap Tap is an orchestra created 18 years ago in Prague in Czechoslovakia to give disabled students a chance to discover their musical talents.
Today it has become world famous and the band has played in London, Madrid, Moscow and Jerusalem. Its next stops are New York, Washington and Chicago.
Many of the musicians are in wheelchairs with serious disabilities. The band's strength is based on its two essential rules - they always come on time and they work well as a team. Tap Tap produces music of its own, with help from local musicians, and lyrics that target the world of the disabled.
The 20-member group plays about 60 concerts a year and despite all the difficulties of going on the road, they travel all over.
The orchestra's next project for next year is to perform in jails along with prisoners.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News