Central Railways to start SMS helpline for disabled passengers
The Central Railways plan to start a new helpline system to look into the problems faced by disabled passengers and cancer patients.
This is after they received complaints that disabled passengers don't get help when they called the helpline number 9004411111. The Central Railways will start a system under which passengers just need to send an SMS on this number, which will then be forwarded to the concerned department.
When the message is received, it will be transferred to the concerned department for an immediate answer. The Bombay High Court had directed the Railways to provide facilities to disabled passengers travelling in local trains, including CCTV cameras inside reserved compartments, special seating arrangements on platforms and a helpline facility.
The court had also directed that the helpline be activated so that passengers can immediately WhatsApp or SMS about unauthorized commuters in the handicapped compartments and that the police should take immediate action.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019