Deaf movie review of Spider-Man: Homecoming
July 18, 2017
A hearing perspective:
Spider-Man: Homecoming is an American superhero movie co-produced by Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios and directed by Jon Watts.
The film is based on the Marvel Comics character Spider-Man and features Tom Holland (as Peter Parker / Spider-Man), Jacob Batalon (as Peter's friend Ned), Laura Harrier (as Peter's love interest Liz), Michael Keaton (as Liz's father Adrian Toomes / Vulture), Marisa Tomei (as Peter's aunt May Parker) and Robert Downey Jr. (as a wealthy businessman and scientist Tony Stark / Iron Man).
The story is about 15-year-old Peter Parker who uses his spider-like abilities to deal with his everyday problems of life.
Peter lives with his aunt May and under the observation of his new mentor Tony Stark, who gave him the new Spider-Man suit.
Peter's constant thoughts to prove himself as Spider-Man and spend more time on crime-fighting activities makes him quit his high school life.
One night, when Peter was returning to his home after stopping criminals from robbing an ATM, Ned gets to know about Peter's identity as Spider-Man.
The way Peter and Ned decide to work together to stop Vulture and other dangerous criminals from stealing advanced technology weapons forms the main part of the story.
Spider-Man: Homecoming film is an average entertainer for its simple and predictable story, nice comedy, adventurous fight scenes, interesting visual effects and overall good performances.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News