Synchrony Financial to provide more jobs to people with disabilities
July 9, 2017
Synchrony Financial is a financial services company that has opened its second office in Hyderabad to seat 3,600 people.
The new office has latest technology and infrastructure to provide support to its American operations.
What is interesting about the company is its focus on gender equality and giving jobs to people with disabilities as well as improving the relations between India and the US.
The company now plans to increase its current number of employees with disabilities by about 50%.
The new office has accessible features to take care of the needs of the disabled people like a ramp at the entrance and new technology elevators with a naturally lit environment, open desk seating to provide movement and equal work opportunities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Social media thread highlights barriers faced by disabled candidates at exam halls across India
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News