Empowering parents is key to managing childhood disorders - My Take by Dr Neeta Naik
EN1 Neuro Services Pvt. Ltd was started in November 2015 to offer a combined, evidence-based and complete services in pediatric and adolescent neurology under one roof. The center offers the entire range of diagnostic and therapeutic outpatient facilities in neurology, neurosciences, neurophysiology, occupational, physio and speech therapy, clinical and counseling psychology, as well as special and remedial education for children with neurological and neurodevelopmental disorders.
The company recently launched its second center in Masina Hospital at Byculla. The purpose is to make care affordable, integrated and organized. Both centers boast team of expert neurologists, geneticist, occupational and speech therapists and clinical, counseling, developmental and rehabilitation psychologists.
The center caters to children with epilepsy, migraine, developmental delays, autism spectrum and other communication disorders, cerebral palsy, ADHD, and learning disorders.
Most neurological disorders in children are chronic, needing long-term care. In some disorders like autism and cerebral palsy, the journey is long and exhaustive for the family. The journey is worse when the services are scattered. By offering experience and expertise at an affordable cost, we hope to help the family.
We believe that empowering parents can be one of the key strategies in managing any disorder. We make them understand the disease, thereby reducing their anxieties. We enable them with strategies to participate in the care and handle additional responsibilities. We also help them to manage expectations about the disease outcome.
An empowered parent helps to improve the overall prognosis. Competent and experienced experts, and rational, empowered and participative parents can bring about the best possible outcome.
About the Writer
Dr Neeta Naik is the founder of EN1 Neuro Services Pvt. Ltd. She has spent 30 years in the field of pediatrics, pediatric neurology and neurosciences.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019