BillionAbles app for the disabled will launch in July
July 11, 2017
BillionAbles has announced the launch of a new app called BillionAbles, which is aimed at finding accessible places across India for the disabled.
The app will be available for Android users on Play Store from 3 PM on 8 July.
BillionAbles is a social startup founded by Sameer Garg, who became disabled after a spinal injury. The app aims to be India's first Access Guide for people with special needs. The company's website - www.billionables.com - lists more than a thousand disabled friendly places across India.
It lists accessible venues and services under categories such as Accessible Restaurants & Hotels, Accessible Shops & Malls, Accessible Entertainment Joints, Wellness, Disability Events, Public transport, Accessible tours, Accessible cabs, Accessible Washrooms, and Disabled Parking spaces.
People can look for places based on accessibility of ramps, lifts, elevators, step free access, braille and signage, sign language availability, assistance available, large print, and more.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News