BillionAbles app for the disabled will launch in July
BillionAbles has announced the launch of a new app called BillionAbles, which is aimed at finding accessible places across India for the disabled.
The app will be available for Android users on Play Store from 3 PM on 8 July.
BillionAbles is a social startup founded by Sameer Garg, who became disabled after a spinal injury. The app aims to be India's first Access Guide for people with special needs. The company’s website - www.billionables.com - lists more than a thousand disabled friendly places across India.
It lists accessible venues and services under categories such as Accessible Restaurants & Hotels, Accessible Shops & Malls, Accessible Entertainment Joints, Wellness, Disability Events, Public transport, Accessible tours, Accessible cabs, Accessible Washrooms, and Disabled Parking spaces.
People can look for places based on accessibility of ramps, lifts, elevators, step free access, braille and signage, sign language availability, assistance available, large print, and more.
Watch in Sign Language
- #LovePossible - Newlyweds Shilpa & Danish Mahajan are setting serious couple goals
February 21, 2019
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 #LovePossible - Newlyweds Shilpa & Danish Mahajan are setting serious couple goals
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019