Colour blind students can now study medicine
October 11, 2017
A committee of medical experts has ruled that students who are colour blind should be allowed to study medicine.
The decision comes two years after two students who were prevented from taking admission in medicine because they are colour blind approached the Supreme Court.
Outside India, students with abnormal colour vision are not barred from studying medicine.
Admission not allowed even after clearing medical entrance examinationThe two students had cleared the medical entrance examination in 2015 but they were not allowed to take admission in Tripura medical college. The Tripura high court had turned down their plea, after which they approached the Supreme Court in September 2015.
With the new report, it is hoped that there will no longer be any question on students with colour blindness being eligible to study medicine.
Watch in Sign Language
- Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
June 16, 2019
- #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
June 13, 2019
- Kidsville Educational Academy offers a shoulder to children with disabilities, & families too
June 10, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Budding poet Neerada uses words to shatter notions about autism
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Rich tributes paid to veteran actor Girish Karnad
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News