Colour blind students can now study medicine
A committee of medical experts has ruled that students who are colour blind should be allowed to study medicine.
The decision comes two years after two students who were prevented from taking admission in medicine because they are colour blind approached the Supreme Court.
Outside India, students with abnormal colour vision are not barred from studying medicine.
Admission not allowed even after clearing medical entrance examinationThe two students had cleared the medical entrance examination in 2015 but they were not allowed to take admission in Tripura medical college. The Tripura high court had turned down their plea, after which they approached the Supreme Court in September 2015.
With the new report, it is hoped that there will no longer be any question on students with colour blindness being eligible to study medicine.
Watch in Sign Language
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
- No clarity on final guidelines for medical entrance test, disabled aspirants still in the dark
January 30, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Some recreational activities for visually impaired people
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Technology February 11, 2019 Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Events February 9, 2019 Animal Assisted Therapy for Mental Well-being!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News