Delhi University to stop using the term 'deaf & dumb'
July 11, 2017
The Delhi University has said that from the next academic session, 'hearing and speech impaired' will be used instead of 'deaf and dumb'.
This is to remove the stigma associated with the term 'deaf and dumb'. Earlier, the university had decided to replace 'blind' with 'visually impaired'.
Experts say the changes are being made to also bring in a difference in the way society looks at things. The DU has introduced many positive changes on its campuses to make the facilities accessible to students with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News