Accessibility a major problem in the North East - Disability on Campus by Aatuk Hong Ha
I did my graduation at the ICFAI University in Nagaland. My main papers were in Marketing and Human Resource Management.
I was six months old when I came down with a fever. My parents took me to a local doctor who gave me an injection and some medicines and since then I have suffered a disability in my leg. My parents are illiterate and they did not seek the right medical help due to which I am in this condition.
I never faced any problems while attending college but I have very poor power and strength so I find it hard to compete with others. My teachers were very helpful and were always available when I reached out.
However, when it comes to access, things are quite poor in Nagaland. When I see the kind of facilities colleges in other cities have introduced, I wish some positive steps for the disabled were introduced here as well.
About the Writer
Aatuk Hong Ha is 25 years old and lives in Kohima in Nagaland. He recently finished his graduation.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
February 18, 2019
- Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
February 17, 2019
- Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
February 15, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News