Accessibility a major problem in the North East - Disability on Campus by Aatuk Hong Ha
December 5, 2017
I did my graduation at the ICFAI University in Nagaland. My main papers were in Marketing and Human Resource Management.
I was six months old when I came down with a fever. My parents took me to a local doctor who gave me an injection and some medicines and since then I have suffered a disability in my leg. My parents are illiterate and they did not seek the right medical help due to which I am in this condition.
I never faced any problems while attending college but I have very poor power and strength so I find it hard to compete with others. My teachers were very helpful and were always available when I reached out.
However, when it comes to access, things are quite poor in Nagaland. When I see the kind of facilities colleges in other cities have introduced, I wish some positive steps for the disabled were introduced here as well.
About the Writer
Aatuk Hong Ha is 25 years old and lives in Kohima in Nagaland. He recently finished his graduation.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 12, 2019 IPL 2019- CSK beats RR
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Headlines April 13, 2019 SC to hear Modi biopic case on 15 April
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News