Accessibility a major problem in the North East - Disability on Campus by Aatuk Hong Ha
December 5, 2017
I did my graduation at the ICFAI University in Nagaland. My main papers were in Marketing and Human Resource Management.
I was six months old when I came down with a fever. My parents took me to a local doctor who gave me an injection and some medicines and since then I have suffered a disability in my leg. My parents are illiterate and they did not seek the right medical help due to which I am in this condition.
I never faced any problems while attending college but I have very poor power and strength so I find it hard to compete with others. My teachers were very helpful and were always available when I reached out.
However, when it comes to access, things are quite poor in Nagaland. When I see the kind of facilities colleges in other cities have introduced, I wish some positive steps for the disabled were introduced here as well.
About the Writer
Aatuk Hong Ha is 25 years old and lives in Kohima in Nagaland. He recently finished his graduation.
Watch in Sign Language
- Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
August 16, 2019
- Kerala floods underline critical need to frame inclusive disaster risk management policies
August 14, 2019
- “People with disabilities working in health care inform better care & access” – Dr Lisa Meeks
August 14, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 13, 2019 Enjoy this Independence Day with an inclusive trek at Raigad, Maharashtra
- Accessibility August 14, 2019 Kerala floods underline critical need to frame inclusive disaster risk management policies
- Events August 14, 2019 Pop-up and Sign Language session
- Technology August 15, 2019 'Smart Car Seat for Differently-Abled' gets a thumbs up for innovation & creativity
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Restrictions lifted in Jammu
- Events August 14, 2019 Special Buddies Program
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Delhi Public School Bengaluru North brings an inclusive touch to its crowdfunding initiatives
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 17 Aug-18 Aug
- Events August 14, 2019 Drama for Autism
- Events August 14, 2019 Unity through Performing Arts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News