Deaf movie review of War for the Planet of the Apes
A hearing perspective:
War for the Planet of the Apes is an American science fiction film featuring Andy Serkis (as Caesar), Woody Harrelson (as Colonel), Steve Zahn (as Bad Ape), Karin Konoval (as Maurice), Amiah Miller (as Nova) and Terry Notary (as Rocket).
The film is the third part in the Planet of the Apes reboot series and marks the conclusion to Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014). It is written by Mark Bomback and Matt Reeves and is directed by Reeves.
The focus of the film is completely from the viewpoint of the Apes. The story follows the dangerous conflict between the apes, led by Caeser and an army of humans led by a cruel Colonel.
Caeser excels in expressing the emotions of a confused leader who must protect his kind and avenge for the loss of his loved ones.
In the first half, the film shows how humanity is becoming senseless due to the Colonel’s unkind actions. However, Nova’s part in the second half gives a ray of hope that humanity is still alive.
I loved the parts of the film where the Apes communicate in sign language and captions were given for the audience to understand what’s going on-screen.
War for the Planet of the Apes is a good one-time watch for the performances of its cast (especially Serkis), direction, visual effects, camerawork and dramatic story. People who have seen and liked its previous parts will surely love this film.
Please don’t expect a war or many action sequences in the film as it is more about emotions and living a life of freedom.
Watch in Sign Language
- Some driving tips for people with disabilities
November 19, 2018
- Some tips to boost self-esteem for people with disabilities
November 19, 2018
- 5 things you must know about wheelchair users
November 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Priyanka to get married in Jodhpur, preparations are on
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Supreme Court to hear review petitions for Sabarimala issue on 22 January
- Get-hooked November 16, 2018 Some tips to make learning fun for children with autism
- Get-hooked November 18, 2018 5 things you must know about wheelchair users
- Get-hooked November 19, 2018 Some tips to boost self-esteem for people with disabilities
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 The Executive Age of children with ADHD, find out more
- Accessibility November 16, 2018 Filmmaker Rustom Irani to explore legal options against Jet Airways for alleged manhandling on flight
- Headlines November 16, 2018 South African President to be Republic Day chief guest
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prayatna Counselling & Early Intervention Centre is on the journey of making a positive change
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prince Durairaj is on a mission to spread awareness on child sexual abuse
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked November 14, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News