Deaf movie review of War for the Planet of the Apes
July 27, 2017
A hearing perspective:
War for the Planet of the Apes is an American science fiction film featuring Andy Serkis (as Caesar), Woody Harrelson (as Colonel), Steve Zahn (as Bad Ape), Karin Konoval (as Maurice), Amiah Miller (as Nova) and Terry Notary (as Rocket).
The film is the third part in the Planet of the Apes reboot series and marks the conclusion to Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014). It is written by Mark Bomback and Matt Reeves and is directed by Reeves.
The focus of the film is completely from the viewpoint of the Apes. The story follows the dangerous conflict between the apes, led by Caeser and an army of humans led by a cruel Colonel.
Caeser excels in expressing the emotions of a confused leader who must protect his kind and avenge for the loss of his loved ones.
In the first half, the film shows how humanity is becoming senseless due to the Colonel's unkind actions. However, Nova's part in the second half gives a ray of hope that humanity is still alive.
I loved the parts of the film where the Apes communicate in sign language and captions were given for the audience to understand what's going on-screen.
War for the Planet of the Apes is a good one-time watch for the performances of its cast (especially Serkis), direction, visual effects, camerawork and dramatic story. People who have seen and liked its previous parts will surely love this film.
Please don't expect a war or many action sequences in the film as it is more about emotions and living a life of freedom.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 22, 2019 BJP releases first list of candidates for elections
- Get-hooked March 25, 2019 An inclusive blindfolded walkathon at Delhi University aims to build inclusion
- Events March 20, 2019 Downs syndrome free assessment camp
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Child prodigy Joshua Beckford proves disability need not be a roadblock to your dreams
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Understanding Ataxia
- Headlines March 24, 2019 BJP drops Shatrughan Sinha from candidate list
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 "We all have a Javed Abidi inside us": Shameer Rishad talks about the Javed Abidi Foundation
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Rewire your brain – Guest Column by Dr Elavatsala Sharma
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked March 13, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News