Deaf movie review of War for the Planet of the Apes
July 27, 2017
A hearing perspective:
War for the Planet of the Apes is an American science fiction film featuring Andy Serkis (as Caesar), Woody Harrelson (as Colonel), Steve Zahn (as Bad Ape), Karin Konoval (as Maurice), Amiah Miller (as Nova) and Terry Notary (as Rocket).
The film is the third part in the Planet of the Apes reboot series and marks the conclusion to Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014). It is written by Mark Bomback and Matt Reeves and is directed by Reeves.
The focus of the film is completely from the viewpoint of the Apes. The story follows the dangerous conflict between the apes, led by Caeser and an army of humans led by a cruel Colonel.
Caeser excels in expressing the emotions of a confused leader who must protect his kind and avenge for the loss of his loved ones.
In the first half, the film shows how humanity is becoming senseless due to the Colonel's unkind actions. However, Nova's part in the second half gives a ray of hope that humanity is still alive.
I loved the parts of the film where the Apes communicate in sign language and captions were given for the audience to understand what's going on-screen.
War for the Planet of the Apes is a good one-time watch for the performances of its cast (especially Serkis), direction, visual effects, camerawork and dramatic story. People who have seen and liked its previous parts will surely love this film.
Please don't expect a war or many action sequences in the film as it is more about emotions and living a life of freedom.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 CRPF jawan & Pulwama attack survivor feeds disabled boy in Kashmir, wins hearts
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 'We have only one life, so live it to the fullest' - My Take by Krishnakumar PS
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Stay cool this summer, some tips for wheelchair users
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 From working for underprivileged kids to disability rights advocacy, Diksha wears many hats
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Seventh & final phase of voting in general elections today
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Disability rights activist Prajith Jaipal to hit the road to promote awareness
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Meet the young adults with autism to get their fingers inked for the first time
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Clean chit for Mulayam Singh & son in corruption case
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News