Disabled model is a beauty with brains inspiring others
July 21, 2017
Shaholly Ayers is an inspiring woman and a model with disability. She is currently one of America's Top Models and celebrity.
Ayers was born with a birth defect that meant she did not have her right arm. She went through tough times in her life and struggles to get recognition in the fashion world.
Ayers wants to create inclusive culture in the fashion world for models with disabilities. She was the first model to walk a runway without using a prosthetic arm at New York Fashion Week.
Ayers is also the brand ambassador for Global Disability Inclusion that gives disability inclusion ideas and solutions to international companies.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News