Disabled model is a beauty with brains inspiring others
July 21, 2017
Shaholly Ayers is an inspiring woman and a model with disability. She is currently one of America's Top Models and celebrity.
Ayers was born with a birth defect that meant she did not have her right arm. She went through tough times in her life and struggles to get recognition in the fashion world.
Ayers wants to create inclusive culture in the fashion world for models with disabilities. She was the first model to walk a runway without using a prosthetic arm at New York Fashion Week.
Ayers is also the brand ambassador for Global Disability Inclusion that gives disability inclusion ideas and solutions to international companies.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Australia
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News