MobileEars, the mobile app for the deaf
In India, three out of every 40 people suffer from a disabling hearing loss. Over 68% of them can benefit from using a hearing aid but less than 3% of them are likely to have one.
This is because hearing aids are not easily available and the cost of diagnosis is high.
Now there is a free app-based solution for those with mild to moderate hearing loss. The app is called MobileEars and it makes the sound loud and clear during a one-on-one or group conversation.
The MobileEars app uses a unique speech amplification technology and is effective even when there is background noise and a large number of people in the room.
You can download the MobileEars app from the iTunes App Store. Open the app and enter the user’s age and gender, so that the app can customise the listeners’ experience. Plug in earphones and move the button on the slider to personalize the sound. The smartphone can be placed on the table or in front of the users.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education December 7, 2018 Tips to help children with dyscalculia
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Resolving 26/11 Mumbai attacks is in Pakistan's interest, says Imran Khan
- Headlines December 4, 2018 India’s first engineless ‘Train 18’ completes successful trial run
- Events December 9, 2018 Mumbai Memory Cafe
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 Stay healthy & fit in a wheelchair. Here's how
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News