MobileEars, the mobile app for the deaf
July 22, 2017
In India, three out of every 40 people suffer from a disabling hearing loss. Over 68% of them can benefit from using a hearing aid but less than 3% of them are likely to have one.
This is because hearing aids are not easily available and the cost of diagnosis is high.
Now there is a free app-based solution for those with mild to moderate hearing loss. The app is called MobileEars and it makes the sound loud and clear during a one-on-one or group conversation.
The MobileEars app uses a unique speech amplification technology and is effective even when there is background noise and a large number of people in the room.
You can download the MobileEars app from the iTunes App Store. Open the app and enter the user's age and gender, so that the app can customise the listeners' experience. Plug in earphones and move the button on the slider to personalize the sound. The smartphone can be placed on the table or in front of the users.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 13, 2019 SC to hear Modi biopic case on 15 April
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News