Itwari station sets up ramp for the disabled
July 22, 2017
The Nagpur Division of the South East Central Railway has become the first in the zone to introduce a portable aluminum ramp facility for senior citizens, unwell and disabled passengers. The ramp is at the Itwari railway station.
The new facility will ensure passengers are shifted directly into the coach. The ramp is lightweight and can be carried by one person.
SECR plans to introduce the ramp at eight stations. It will be available along with the wheelchair and a staff. There are plans to further modify the design.
Requests for the ramp can be made on 0712-2766058 or 0712-2764324.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News