Itwari station sets up ramp for the disabled
The Nagpur Division of the South East Central Railway has become the first in the zone to introduce a portable aluminum ramp facility for senior citizens, unwell and disabled passengers. The ramp is at the Itwari railway station.
The new facility will ensure passengers are shifted directly into the coach. The ramp is lightweight and can be carried by one person.
SECR plans to introduce the ramp at eight stations. It will be available along with the wheelchair and a staff. There are plans to further modify the design.
Requests for the ramp can be made on 0712-2766058 or 0712-2764324.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019