Itwari station sets up ramp for the disabled
July 22, 2017
The Nagpur Division of the South East Central Railway has become the first in the zone to introduce a portable aluminum ramp facility for senior citizens, unwell and disabled passengers. The ramp is at the Itwari railway station.
The new facility will ensure passengers are shifted directly into the coach. The ramp is lightweight and can be carried by one person.
SECR plans to introduce the ramp at eight stations. It will be available along with the wheelchair and a staff. There are plans to further modify the design.
Requests for the ramp can be made on 0712-2766058 or 0712-2764324.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 26, 2019 BJP to contest more seats than Congress in Lok Sabha elections
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Events April 24, 2019 Summer Camp 2019
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Sri Lanka declares emergency, Islamist group identified
- Employment April 23, 2019 Finding right jobs still remains a struggle for adults with autism
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News