Deaf movie review of Dunkirk
A hearing perspective:
Dunkirk is an American war film based on one of the most celebrated military events in British history.
Set during the World War II, the movie tells the inspiring story of Operation Dynamo, the evacuation of Allied soldiers from Dunkirk in France, which took place in 1940.
Dunkirk movie features Fionn Whitehead, Tom Glynn-Carney, Jack Lowden, Harry Styles, Aneurin Barnard, James D'Arcy, Barry Keoghan, Kenneth Branagh, Cillian Murphy, Mark Rylance and Tom Hardy.
The film is written, co-produced and directed by Christopher Nolan.
The story connects three different timelines– first is on land and covers one week, second is on the sea and covers one day, and third is in the air and covers one hour.
It is a different take on war movies and shows what the soldiers go through during a war and their spirit of survival.
I think the film may be the first one to show that soldiers too can fear for their life.
The film has good acting performances, eye-catching camera work and amazing background music.
However, if you are looking for some sort of entertainment then this movie is a wrong choice because it is a slow and silent film with quite less dialogues (captions are there!).
The film’s story may be technically brilliant but it is difficult to understand without having a background about World War II. Go for the movie with less expectation.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Armed mobs attack women journalists near Sabrimala temple
- Parasports October 21, 2018 Amputees Vinod Rawat & Ashok Munne show their mettle in world's highest cross-country rally
- Technology October 17, 2018 Regional language dyslexia screening tool, DALI, now available as an app
- Technology October 20, 2018 Microsoft pledge to develop EdTech for dyslexic students has great potential for India
- Events October 21, 2018 Diwali Mela 2018
- Headlines October 18, 2018 #MeToo impact: Union Minister M J Akbar resigns over complaints of sexual harassment
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Protests in Sabarimala continues on fourth day
- Headlines October 20, 2018 59 people dead as train runs them over in Amritsar
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News