Deaf movie review of Dunkirk
August 14, 2017
A hearing perspective:
Dunkirk is an American war film based on one of the most celebrated military events in British history.
Set during the World War II, the movie tells the inspiring story of Operation Dynamo, the evacuation of Allied soldiers from Dunkirk in France, which took place in 1940.
Dunkirk movie features Fionn Whitehead, Tom Glynn-Carney, Jack Lowden, Harry Styles, Aneurin Barnard, James D'Arcy, Barry Keoghan, Kenneth Branagh, Cillian Murphy, Mark Rylance and Tom Hardy.
The film is written, co-produced and directed by Christopher Nolan.
The story connects three different timelines- first is on land and covers one week, second is on the sea and covers one day, and third is in the air and covers one hour.
It is a different take on war movies and shows what the soldiers go through during a war and their spirit of survival.
I think the film may be the first one to show that soldiers too can fear for their life.
The film has good acting performances, eye-catching camera work and amazing background music.
However, if you are looking for some sort of entertainment then this movie is a wrong choice because it is a slow and silent film with quite less dialogues (captions are there!).
The film's story may be technically brilliant but it is difficult to understand without having a background about World War II. Go for the movie with less expectation.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Headlines June 23, 2019 ‘Kabir Singh’ becomes fourth-highest opener of 2019
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Social media thread highlights barriers faced by disabled candidates at exam halls across India
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News