Deaf movie review of Dunkirk
A hearing perspective:
Dunkirk is an American war film based on one of the most celebrated military events in British history.
Set during the World War II, the movie tells the inspiring story of Operation Dynamo, the evacuation of Allied soldiers from Dunkirk in France, which took place in 1940.
Dunkirk movie features Fionn Whitehead, Tom Glynn-Carney, Jack Lowden, Harry Styles, Aneurin Barnard, James D'Arcy, Barry Keoghan, Kenneth Branagh, Cillian Murphy, Mark Rylance and Tom Hardy.
The film is written, co-produced and directed by Christopher Nolan.
The story connects three different timelines– first is on land and covers one week, second is on the sea and covers one day, and third is in the air and covers one hour.
It is a different take on war movies and shows what the soldiers go through during a war and their spirit of survival.
I think the film may be the first one to show that soldiers too can fear for their life.
The film has good acting performances, eye-catching camera work and amazing background music.
However, if you are looking for some sort of entertainment then this movie is a wrong choice because it is a slow and silent film with quite less dialogues (captions are there!).
The film’s story may be technically brilliant but it is difficult to understand without having a background about World War II. Go for the movie with less expectation.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Events February 21, 2019 Course in Learning Disabilities from Samadhan Goyam
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 ‘Punarjani’ gives new lease of life to disabled flood victims in Kerala
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 #LovePossible - Newlyweds Shilpa & Danish Mahajan are setting serious couple goals
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019