Deaf movie review of Dunkirk
A hearing perspective:
Dunkirk is an American war film based on one of the most celebrated military events in British history.
Set during the World War II, the movie tells the inspiring story of Operation Dynamo, the evacuation of Allied soldiers from Dunkirk in France, which took place in 1940.
Dunkirk movie features Fionn Whitehead, Tom Glynn-Carney, Jack Lowden, Harry Styles, Aneurin Barnard, James D'Arcy, Barry Keoghan, Kenneth Branagh, Cillian Murphy, Mark Rylance and Tom Hardy.
The film is written, co-produced and directed by Christopher Nolan.
The story connects three different timelines– first is on land and covers one week, second is on the sea and covers one day, and third is in the air and covers one hour.
It is a different take on war movies and shows what the soldiers go through during a war and their spirit of survival.
I think the film may be the first one to show that soldiers too can fear for their life.
The film has good acting performances, eye-catching camera work and amazing background music.
However, if you are looking for some sort of entertainment then this movie is a wrong choice because it is a slow and silent film with quite less dialogues (captions are there!).
The film’s story may be technically brilliant but it is difficult to understand without having a background about World War II. Go for the movie with less expectation.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
December 18, 2018
- How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
December 18, 2018
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
- Headlines December 17, 2018 P V Sindhu makes history, becomes 1st Indian to win BWF World Tour title
- Get-hooked December 18, 2018 This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
- Events December 17, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Parasports December 13, 2018 Wheelchair kabaddi set to make its presence felt in India
- Accessibility December 18, 2018 Chennai's largest inclusive children's playground has something unique for everyone
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Supreme Court orders that there should be no further investigation on Rafale deal
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 10, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018