Challenges faced by deaf students in Indian schools
October 8, 2017
Life is not always easy for students with hearing disability. They go through challenges in their daily life and particularly in classrooms.
The sound echoes in class can affect the listening of students with hearing disability. This can be corrected by making the children sit in an arrangement that gives them full visual access.
The placement of light in a classroom can make it tough for them to see clearly and identify the speaker.
Number concepts, language and problem solving are some skills that are difficult for deaf kids to understand. Teachers can try and make these easier for them to learn by using different mediums.
Other kids should also be sensitized about the disability of deaf kids to make the classroom a comfortable place for all.
Watch in Sign Language
- #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
June 20, 2019
- Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
June 19, 2019
- Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
June 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Get-hooked June 20, 2019 Nandavanam centre is changing lives of disabled kids with a blend of tradition & compassion
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Education June 19, 2019 Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News