Challenges faced by deaf students in Indian schools
October 8, 2017
Life is not always easy for students with hearing disability. They go through challenges in their daily life and particularly in classrooms.
The sound echoes in class can affect the listening of students with hearing disability. This can be corrected by making the children sit in an arrangement that gives them full visual access.
The placement of light in a classroom can make it tough for them to see clearly and identify the speaker.
Number concepts, language and problem solving are some skills that are difficult for deaf kids to understand. Teachers can try and make these easier for them to learn by using different mediums.
Other kids should also be sensitized about the disability of deaf kids to make the classroom a comfortable place for all.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News