Challenges faced by deaf students in Indian schools
Life is not always easy for students with hearing disability. They go through challenges in their daily life and particularly in classrooms.
The sound echoes in class can affect the listening of students with hearing disability. This can be corrected by making the children sit in an arrangement that gives them full visual access.
The placement of light in a classroom can make it tough for them to see clearly and identify the speaker.
Number concepts, language and problem solving are some skills that are difficult for deaf kids to understand. Teachers can try and make these easier for them to learn by using different mediums.
Other kids should also be sensitized about the disability of deaf kids to make the classroom a comfortable place for all.
Watch in Sign Language
- The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
February 19, 2019
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Education February 19, 2019 The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News