Challenges faced by deaf students in Indian schools
Life is not always easy for students with hearing disability. They go through challenges in their daily life and particularly in classrooms.
The sound echoes in class can affect the listening of students with hearing disability. This can be corrected by making the children sit in an arrangement that gives them full visual access.
The placement of light in a classroom can make it tough for them to see clearly and identify the speaker.
Number concepts, language and problem solving are some skills that are difficult for deaf kids to understand. Teachers can try and make these easier for them to learn by using different mediums.
Other kids should also be sensitized about the disability of deaf kids to make the classroom a comfortable place for all.
Watch in Sign Language
- Make classrooms friendly for children with ADHD
November 15, 2018
- Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
November 14, 2018
- MBBS entrance exam brochure makes no mention of modified rules for disabled candidates
November 2, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 19, 2018 Some driving tips for people with disabilities
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Mithali Raj is highest T20I run scorer in India, beats Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prayatna Counselling & Early Intervention Centre is on the journey of making a positive change
- Technology November 19, 2018 Artificial Intelligence makes a huge impact in lives of disabled people
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Supreme Court to hear review petitions for Sabarimala issue on 22 January
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prince Durairaj is on a mission to spread awareness on child sexual abuse
- Parasports November 18, 2018 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Get-hooked November 20, 2018 Delhi government move to set up ministry for disabled people meets with cautious response
- Headlines November 16, 2018 Deepika & Ranveer’s wedding pictures released
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 What made Stan Lee's superheroes so magical for children with autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018