How to chose a smartphone for the deaf people
November 17, 2017
The smartphone technology has made the lives of deaf people a little easier by helping them communicate and connect with the world.
It is important for people with a hearing disability to choose a smartphone that is the most suitable for them.
Here are a few tips to help them decide.
The phone should be compatible with hearing aid to ensure that there is no frequency interference.
The volume or level of loudness of the speaker is also an important factor to consider. The phone with a high speaker volume would be more useful for the hearing impaired.
Ensure that the phone has a high quality video calling feature that can be used for a video call by the deaf using sign language.
It is recommended that the best phone can be selected after testing them at the store, particularly while using the hearing aid.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Get-hooked June 20, 2019 Nandavanam centre is changing lives of disabled kids with a blend of tradition & compassion
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News