Unique shoes for the disabled designed in Meghalaya
July 26, 2017
The Bethany Society in Shillong in Meghalaya along with CBM India Trust has set up an orthopedic shoe-making unit which aims to do away the discrimination faced by people who have deformities of the limbs.
Under the leadership of its executive director Carmo Noronha, Bethany Society has started the creative concept of shoe-making for people with walking problems.
The society plans to make lives better for many by making shoes fit according to their needs. It also plans to help disabled people with disabilities to learn this art so that they can support themselves.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News