Unique shoes for the disabled designed in Meghalaya
The Bethany Society in Shillong in Meghalaya along with CBM India Trust has set up an orthopedic shoe-making unit which aims to do away the discrimination faced by people who have deformities of the limbs.
Under the leadership of its executive director Carmo Noronha, Bethany Society has started the creative concept of shoe-making for people with walking problems.
The society plans to make lives better for many by making shoes fit according to their needs. It also plans to help disabled people with disabilities to learn this art so that they can support themselves.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News