How to parent your child with disability
Parenting a disabled child is hard work and not that easy. It is true that there is no single way or correct method of raising a child with disability.
Here are some parenting tips that can help you to develop a good relation with your special child.
Have honest communication with your child with disability and encourage them to come to you to share their feelings without worrying.
Make your child with disability believe that you are there to listen, hear and understand their problems as this will help them feel closer to you.
Use simple language to explain them their disability and provide more information as your child grows.
Keep your expectations real and allow your child to achieve their best and celebrate their successes.
Make your child with disability learn how to do proper housework and develop some independence.
Let them know that you support them completely in all situations.
Find support in talking with other parents of children with disabilities.
Encourage your disabled child to follow their own interests and make their own life decisions.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019