How to parent your child with disability
July 30, 2017
Parenting a disabled child is hard work and not that easy. It is true that there is no single way or correct method of raising a child with disability.
Here are some parenting tips that can help you to develop a good relation with your special child.
Have honest communication with your child with disability and encourage them to come to you to share their feelings without worrying.
Make your child with disability believe that you are there to listen, hear and understand their problems as this will help them feel closer to you.
Use simple language to explain them their disability and provide more information as your child grows.
Keep your expectations real and allow your child to achieve their best and celebrate their successes.
Make your child with disability learn how to do proper housework and develop some independence.
Let them know that you support them completely in all situations.
Find support in talking with other parents of children with disabilities.
Encourage your disabled child to follow their own interests and make their own life decisions.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News