How to parent your child with disability
July 30, 2017
Parenting a disabled child is hard work and not that easy. It is true that there is no single way or correct method of raising a child with disability.
Here are some parenting tips that can help you to develop a good relation with your special child.
Have honest communication with your child with disability and encourage them to come to you to share their feelings without worrying.
Make your child with disability believe that you are there to listen, hear and understand their problems as this will help them feel closer to you.
Use simple language to explain them their disability and provide more information as your child grows.
Keep your expectations real and allow your child to achieve their best and celebrate their successes.
Make your child with disability learn how to do proper housework and develop some independence.
Let them know that you support them completely in all situations.
Find support in talking with other parents of children with disabilities.
Encourage your disabled child to follow their own interests and make their own life decisions.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Jallianwalah Bagh massacre, people pay tribute
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News