New video games help children with ADHD control emotions
Researchers from a hospital in the United States have released a series of video games that are designed to help children with ADHD and anxiety. The games help them manage difficult feelings and learn how to calm down on their own without any help.
The games use a form of feedback to track each player’s heart rate. As the games become difficult, the heart rate rises. To remove the extra obstacles and play the game with the least amount of difficulty, a player must mindfully calm down and lower the heart rate.
The goal is to the ability to control emotions and build greater emotional strength.
The games have been tested on kids with significant anger issues, who showed improvement in emotional control after just five days of playing the game.
Watch in Sign Language
- Microsoft introduces real-time captions, translations to Skype, PowerPoint
December 17, 2018
- Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
December 10, 2018
- Assistive technology makes life simpler for children with learning disabilities
December 5, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Events December 17, 2018 Hindi play to raise funds for Disabled Children
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Events December 17, 2018 Blind Cricket League
- Headlines December 16, 2018 13 miners in Meghalaya feared dead, search operations on
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
- Parasports December 18, 2018 Para athletes see opportunities in Citi-International Paralympic Committee partnership
- Parasports December 17, 2018 Nothing stops this blind cricketer from batting for inclusion into IPL
- Get-hooked December 18, 2018 This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
- Parasports December 16, 2018 Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News