Disability & poverty no barrier for this Gujarat student
A disabled girl from Godhra in Gujarat who began studying for the Bachelors of Commerce degree course at Vadodara's M S University is receiving a lot of support from the public.
There were emotional scenes at the university when the student Ayesha Mistry was brought there by her father on his shoulders.
Ayesha cannot walk and comes from a financially weak family, but has dreams of doing her B.Com and then enrolling for the chartered accountancy course.
Her father, Gulam Mistry, does labour work and her mother Amina earns some money by sewing.
The local MLA Vijay Pawar and Congress councilor Gulamfarid Lakhajiwala have offered her Rs 2,000 each every month to help her study.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News