Disability & poverty no barrier for this Gujarat student
July 29, 2017
A disabled girl from Godhra in Gujarat who began studying for the Bachelors of Commerce degree course at Vadodara's M S University is receiving a lot of support from the public.
There were emotional scenes at the university when the student Ayesha Mistry was brought there by her father on his shoulders.
Ayesha cannot walk and comes from a financially weak family, but has dreams of doing her B.Com and then enrolling for the chartered accountancy course.
Her father, Gulam Mistry, does labour work and her mother Amina earns some money by sewing.
The local MLA Vijay Pawar and Congress councilor Gulamfarid Lakhajiwala have offered her Rs 2,000 each every month to help her study.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News