Kerala to help frame national guidelines in emergency training for disabled
July 29, 2017
In 2016, Kerala became the first state in India to launch a disaster preparedness-training program for the disabled.
Now the National Disaster Management Authority, which is framing guidelines for training people with disabilities on survival skills during natural disasters and other emergency situations, has asked Kerala for help.
Kerala will soon launch district-level training program for the disabled in the state. Around 200 disabled people from each district will be covered under this.
They have been categorized into four broad groups - visually impaired, speech and hearing impaired, physically impaired and intellectually impaired. 50 people under each category in a district will be trained.
In the case of the blind, the material has been reprinted in Braille and for the speech and hearing impaired, sign language-based training materials have been prepared.The materials have been converted into the DAISY format so that the blind can share the materials among WhatsApp groups and other platforms. In the case of the intellectually disabled, their caregivers will be trained.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Events June 23, 2019 Certificate Course on Down Syndrome
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Imran Khan trolled after he quotes Tagore as Gibran
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News