Cochlear implant for iPhone launched
Cochlear company has launched its first made-for-iPhone cochlear implant to be used with Apple phones.
This will be useful for people who do not use a hearing aid and use cochlear, or inner ear implants.
Users can now use the phone for streaming audio like phone calls, podcasts, and music directly from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Through an app called the Nucleus Smart, users can also control how they hear.
Apple has come up with a lot of options for accessibility for the deaf and hard-of-hearing users.
The company offers more than 50 models of hearing devices that can be linked to an iPhone and give useful settings not available to the basic iPhone user.
Watch in Sign Language
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
- Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
February 11, 2019
- BleeTV offers accessible, stimulating content, on demand, in Indian sign language
February 7, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Events February 9, 2019 The Learning Factory, a Musical Puppet Play
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Some recreational activities for visually impaired people
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 #LovePossible – When Swarnalatha proposed to Guruprasad
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Kangana Ranaut lashes out Alia Bhatt
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News