Cochlear implant for iPhone launched
August 29, 2017
Cochlear company has launched its first made-for-iPhone cochlear implant to be used with Apple phones.
This will be useful for people who do not use a hearing aid and use cochlear, or inner ear implants.
Users can now use the phone for streaming audio like phone calls, podcasts, and music directly from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Through an app called the Nucleus Smart, users can also control how they hear.
Apple has come up with a lot of options for accessibility for the deaf and hard-of-hearing users.
The company offers more than 50 models of hearing devices that can be linked to an iPhone and give useful settings not available to the basic iPhone user.
Watch in Sign Language
- New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
June 24, 2019
- #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
June 20, 2019
- #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
June 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News