Differently-abled and women to get extension for M. Phil, Ph.D
April 13, 2016
HRD minister Smriti Irani said that the differently-abled and women will receive more time to submit their thesis for M.Phil and Ph.D.
Smriti Irani also said that although there was an increase in the number of women getting enrolled in higher education, not many are seen occupying teaching positions in colleges.
Irani announced many measures to help increase the number of women and the differently-abled. The proposal is to add a two year extension to submit their thesis, give maternity leave benefits, and also migration and remuneration facilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Headlines April 13, 2019 SC to hear Modi biopic case on 15 April
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News