Deaf movie review of Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
A hearing perspective:
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets is a French science fiction action adventure film based on the comic series Valerian and Laureline.
The film features Dane DeHaan as Major Valerian and Cara Delevingne as Sergeant Laureline in important roles. It is written and directed by Luc Besson and co-produced by Besson and his wife, Virginie Besson-Silla.
The film introduces Valerian and Laureline as space and time travelling special agents of the human police forces in the 28th century.
Valerian and Laureline set on a mission to the city of Alpha, the City of a Thousand planets. Alpha is a peaceful place where species from all across the universe live together to share knowledge, intelligence and cultures with one another.
Valerian and Laureline not only have to take care of a sweet and rare animal but also protect the city of Alpha from a dark force to ensure the safety of the future of the universe.
The film is a visual treat and has good graphics and animation with interesting sound effects. I appreciate the out of the box creativity and the chemistry between the lead actors. However, the story of the film is average and slow with no major suspense.
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets movie is a one-time good watch for every science-fiction lover.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
October 19, 2018
- Cycling for children with autism, some information
October 19, 2018
- ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
October 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 13, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Sudeep Shukla, India's first deaf MLA candidate looks forward to making history
- Headlines October 14, 2018 Industry 4.0 will create jobs, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Parasports October 15, 2018 Top sports brand Nike's move to sign up athlete with cerebral palsy hailed
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 An open letter to Goa Governor, Mridula Sinha - My Take by Monika Kshatriya
- Education October 18, 2018 Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
- Parasports October 14, 2018 India finish with 72 medals in Asian Para Games, record best ever performance
- Accessibility October 16, 2018 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Accessibility October 14, 2018 This disabled girl from Kerala is fighting roadblocks to get a driver’s license
- Get-hooked October 13, 2018 Government announces scholarships for students with disabilities
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 16, 2018
Get-hooked October 12, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News