Deaf movie review of Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
A hearing perspective:
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets is a French science fiction action adventure film based on the comic series Valerian and Laureline.
The film features Dane DeHaan as Major Valerian and Cara Delevingne as Sergeant Laureline in important roles. It is written and directed by Luc Besson and co-produced by Besson and his wife, Virginie Besson-Silla.
The film introduces Valerian and Laureline as space and time travelling special agents of the human police forces in the 28th century.
Valerian and Laureline set on a mission to the city of Alpha, the City of a Thousand planets. Alpha is a peaceful place where species from all across the universe live together to share knowledge, intelligence and cultures with one another.
Valerian and Laureline not only have to take care of a sweet and rare animal but also protect the city of Alpha from a dark force to ensure the safety of the future of the universe.
The film is a visual treat and has good graphics and animation with interesting sound effects. I appreciate the out of the box creativity and the chemistry between the lead actors. However, the story of the film is average and slow with no major suspense.
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets movie is a one-time good watch for every science-fiction lover.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Technology February 21, 2019 Updated version of Avaz app has plenty to offer, enables access to wider audience
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 New initiative called iDARE in Goa aims to fight for the rights of disabled people
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Education February 19, 2019 The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Trump tells India & Pakistan to get along
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019