Ramp for wheelchair-users introduced at Bhubaneshwar station
The East Coast Railway has introduced a ramp for wheelchairs at Bhubaneswar railway station to help the disabled board trains easily.
Earlier, the disabled were facing difficulties while boarding trains. They were crawling into the train coaches or taking help by other passengers to reach their berths. But now they will get into the coaches through the ramp while sitting in the wheelchair.
People with disabilities can get the service for free after showing any of their identity cards. Users will have to inform the wheelchair section on platform 1 side of the station. On the first day, the makeshift ramp was used for the Bhubaneswar-Mumbai Konark Express.
Based on the feedback from passengers, it will be introduced in other stations. Similar mobile ramps are available in Thiruvananthapuram station of Southern Railway zone.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Mammootty watches latest film 'Peranbu' with disabled kids at Kochi theatre
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Udaan Idol Little Champs, Radio Udaan's annual music competition for disabled kids attracts huge response
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News