Ramp for wheelchair-users introduced at Bhubaneshwar station
July 30, 2017
The East Coast Railway has introduced a ramp for wheelchairs at Bhubaneswar railway station to help the disabled board trains easily.
Earlier, the disabled were facing difficulties while boarding trains. They were crawling into the train coaches or taking help by other passengers to reach their berths. But now they will get into the coaches through the ramp while sitting in the wheelchair.
People with disabilities can get the service for free after showing any of their identity cards. Users will have to inform the wheelchair section on platform 1 side of the station. On the first day, the makeshift ramp was used for the Bhubaneswar-Mumbai Konark Express.
Based on the feedback from passengers, it will be introduced in other stations. Similar mobile ramps are available in Thiruvananthapuram station of Southern Railway zone.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News