Ramp for wheelchair-users introduced at Bhubaneshwar station
July 30, 2017
The East Coast Railway has introduced a ramp for wheelchairs at Bhubaneswar railway station to help the disabled board trains easily.
Earlier, the disabled were facing difficulties while boarding trains. They were crawling into the train coaches or taking help by other passengers to reach their berths. But now they will get into the coaches through the ramp while sitting in the wheelchair.
People with disabilities can get the service for free after showing any of their identity cards. Users will have to inform the wheelchair section on platform 1 side of the station. On the first day, the makeshift ramp was used for the Bhubaneswar-Mumbai Konark Express.
Based on the feedback from passengers, it will be introduced in other stations. Similar mobile ramps are available in Thiruvananthapuram station of Southern Railway zone.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 26, 2019 #GetMoneywise – Financial planning tips for parents with children with disabilities
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Sri Lanka declares emergency, Islamist group identified
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Congress list for Delhi polls out
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Technology April 25, 2019 #TechThursdays - Gurugram students design walking stick & self help shoes for visually impaired people
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News