India’s first inclusive tandem cycling expedition is on
Adventures Beyond Barriers Foundation has arranged for India’s first tandem cycling expedition called InSync #M2K2017 Batch 1, for the disabled. The expedition started on 28 July.
The cycling trip is from Manali to Khardung La in Ladakh, which is the highest motorable road in the world.
The group members include four amputees and six blind people riding with other people on a specially made bicycle.
The cyclists will be covering a distance of 550 kilometers over 12 days. The team practiced for many days before the unique trip began.
The second batch of the trip will start from 13 August.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Resolving 26/11 Mumbai attacks is in Pakistan's interest, says Imran Khan
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 8, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News