India’s first inclusive tandem cycling expedition is on
July 31, 2017
Adventures Beyond Barriers Foundation has arranged for India's first tandem cycling expedition called InSync #M2K2017 Batch 1, for the disabled. The expedition started on 28 July.
The cycling trip is from Manali to Khardung La in Ladakh, which is the highest motorable road in the world.
The group members include four amputees and six blind people riding with other people on a specially made bicycle.
The cyclists will be covering a distance of 550 kilometers over 12 days. The team practiced for many days before the unique trip began.
The second batch of the trip will start from 13 August.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Headlines June 26, 2019 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Events June 27, 2019 Thalassemia Detection Camp
- Events June 26, 2019 Morning of Fun
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News