India’s first inclusive tandem cycling expedition is on
Adventures Beyond Barriers Foundation has arranged for India’s first tandem cycling expedition called InSync #M2K2017 Batch 1, for the disabled. The expedition started on 28 July.
The cycling trip is from Manali to Khardung La in Ladakh, which is the highest motorable road in the world.
The group members include four amputees and six blind people riding with other people on a specially made bicycle.
The cyclists will be covering a distance of 550 kilometers over 12 days. The team practiced for many days before the unique trip began.
The second batch of the trip will start from 13 August.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 ‘Punarjani’ gives new lease of life to disabled flood victims in Kerala
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Events February 20, 2019 Paintability!
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019