India’s first inclusive tandem cycling expedition is on
July 31, 2017
Adventures Beyond Barriers Foundation has arranged for India's first tandem cycling expedition called InSync #M2K2017 Batch 1, for the disabled. The expedition started on 28 July.
The cycling trip is from Manali to Khardung La in Ladakh, which is the highest motorable road in the world.
The group members include four amputees and six blind people riding with other people on a specially made bicycle.
The cyclists will be covering a distance of 550 kilometers over 12 days. The team practiced for many days before the unique trip began.
The second batch of the trip will start from 13 August.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable India's deaf community to make an informed choice in this election
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Headlines April 12, 2019 IPL 2019- CSK beats RR
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News